The Fit Process
Shoe Fit Process
At Philadelphia Runner, our objective is to meet your unique needs. Whether you're walking around your neighborhood or training for your first half-marathon, we customize each fitting through listening, using treadmill and video recording to conduct gait analysis, and trying on a few shoe options to help you select a comfortable shoe to meet your needs.
SPORTS BRA FITTINGS
No matter what your activity level is, we carry a wide range of sports bras - from Brooks, Nike, Under Armour, and more - to support you during every workout. Stop by any of our stores for a bra fitting and we'll help you find the perfect fit for yoga, running or CrossFit.
Finding a pair of compression socks, sleeves or even a knee brace that doesn't slide can be an intimidating process. By listening to your individual needs and using calf and foot measurements, we'll help you find the compression products that support you best.
Last December I was asked to co-lead the Highline trip to Death Valley for their 30th Annual Trail Marathon. I did a fair amount of research leading up to race day. Time spent obsessively Googling images of the elevation gain, and learning about past races that needed to be canceled or rerouted due to unexpected rainstorms. I wondered what I would wear on race day because according to blogs, “when you start, it could be 35 degrees, but when you finish it might be 70 degrees.” Would I wear gloves? Shorts? A tank? A parka? Needless to say I spent plenty of time in my head and on the internet and probably not enough time running up and down hills.
The Broad Street Run is one of our favorite Philadelphia events and the weeks leading up to it are a fun time in our shops. We know a lot of our friends, families and customers are running in the race this year so we put together a few last minute tips from our staff. Good luck and have fun out there, we’ll be cheering for you!
Broad Street Run 101: Everything you need to know about Philly’s largest road race!
Running in the Philadelphia area continues to grow and grow. From the races to beautiful trails and places to run to great groups, we consider ourselves very lucky to be surrounded by such a wonderful running community. Here's who we're running with this this week:
Whether you're walking to work, training for your next race, or lacing up for a class at your gym - you spend a lot of time on your feet. If you're feet aren't happy, then you're most likely not going to be happy.
The 2019 Broad Street Run will be here before you know it! With 7 more weeks to go, we took some time to answer a couple of frequently asked questions:
Running is 90 percent mental, and the other 10 percent is physical.
Congratulations! You are 1 of the lucky 40 something thousand people selected to run in the largest 10 mile road race in the United States.
If you're thinking of running the Broad Street Run this year, here are 10 things you should know about Philadelphia's favorite 10 mile race: