Coach Ross Martinson
- Background: I started running cross country high school freshman back in the 90s and I have no idea what made me get started but I am glad I did! I found I loved racing, and it took a few years but I eventually formed a good relationship with training as well.
- Running experience: After running at Haverford High School and St Joseph’s University I competed into my 30s placing in the top 5 at Broad Street 3 times as well as a top 25 finish at the Boston Marathon.
- Favorite distance or race: Ten miles is my favorite race distance. Long enough to require some serious training, but short enough you don’t have to worry too much about what to eat or being sore the next day.
- Reason for coaching: I found myself making schedules for myself and other runners in my group and just sort of fell into coaching There is something really fantastic seeing people reach for their running goals, and then realizing after a few years they have become a lifelong runner. Coaches have had such a positive influence on my life and I hope I can pass that on.
- Personal mantra: Smile and push on.
Coach Colin Leak
- Background: Started running when I was a freshman in high school and have been involved in the sport ever since
- Running Experience: After setting school records for Unionville High School, I ran for The College of William and Mary where I was a Division 1 Cross Country All American and helped my team finish 8th, 15th, 16th and 5th at the NCAA Cross Country Championships and won the Penn Relays 10k as an individual. After college, I went on to win a bronze medal and help USA secure a win at the 2011 North American Central American Caribbean Cross Country Championships and helped the All-Ivy team finish 8th at the 2011 Izumo Ekiden. Afterwards I competed for several years as part of a post collegiate training group in Syracuse where I finished top 20 at several USA Road Championship Events. I was then offered a scholarship to the University of East London for graduate school where I pursued a MS in Strength & Conditioning while competing for the University, running for the Newham Essex Beagles and Run-Fast Sports Management team. After a competing abroad (and training in Kenya), I returned to the states to train for my first marathon. In my debut marathon, I finished 8th overall, 3rd American in the 2017 Houston Marathon with a time of 2:18:16.
- Favorite distance or race: Favorite track distance would be the 5,000m, favorite road distance is the marathon. My favorite track race is the Penn Relays because of the environment, for the road is the Izumo Eiken because it is a relay road race and for the grass it is the Britsh Cross Country Nationals because of the mud.
- Reason for coaching: I have been very fortunate to work with some great coaches during my running career. As one coach told me, you owe it to those who helped get you get to where are to stay involved in the sport and pass along their knowledge to others.
- Personal mantra: "People come to find the secret, but you know what the secret is? That you think there's a secret. There is no secret.”
Coach Jenn Collins
- Background: I started running in 2013 training with Team Philly for my first Broad Street Run.
- Running experience: Since 2013, I've run 5ks, 10ks, Half Marathons and I'm currently training for my 3rd marathon.
- Favorite distance or race: My favorite race is the Broad Street Run.
- Reason for coaching: It wasn't too long ago that I was a beginning runner and I'd like to help people set and achieve their running goals.
- Personal mantra: Trust your training!
- Bonus: I'm a Mom of 2 boys (ages 11 & 9)
Coach Ryan Fennelly
- Background: I started running when I was in 5th grade after I ran the gym class mile. I started running CYO track for St. Aloysius.
- Running experience: I ran cross country and track at St. Pius X and later in college at La Salle University. My high school cross country team won the PIAA State Cross Country team championship. I was the former La Salle University school record holder in the 3000 and 5000 meters. I qualified for the 2009 USA Indoor Track and Field Championships in the 3000m. I have competed in 4 marathons. My favorite marathon was New York.
- Favorite distance or race: My favorite track race is the 3000m. My favorite road races are The Philly 10k and the Falmouth Road Race.
- Reason for coaching: I want to encourage people to be more active and to help them reach their running goals. My high school and college coaches were great mentors to me and I would like to help mentor others.
- Bonus: I currently work as an assistant Men's and Women's Cross Country coach at Upper Moreland high school. I am a certified RRCA coach.
Coach Breandan Lyman
- Background: I started running in middle school cross country and track then continued all 4 years of high school and college. I was pretty good at just going without stopping. I liked how practices were structured compared to other sports where it felt like you were always stopping and going. It helped that I had some talent too.
- Running experience: I ran varsity in high school and then through injuries in college at LaSalle, a Division 1 program. Post college I transitioned into triathlons, ultra marathons and now, continual marathon training.
- Favorite distance or race: My favorite race and distance is the Philly Marathon. Seeing your hometown friends and family cheering you on is tough to beat and it's a great time of the year.
- Reason for coaching: I know how much my coaches meant to me and some of the best insight I've gotten both running related and not has came from them. The idea that someone would put their trust in me is a very gratifying feeling.
- Personal mantra: Don't get old!
- Bonus: Ran a 6 flat beer mile. Ran for 12 hours once. 2:36 marathon PR. My run training consists of a lot of treadmill power walking. I still think visors are in style and that training should be fun....most of the time
Coach Vic Aguilar
- Background: I've been running for about 15 years. I got into serious running when my son was born. I knew I wanted to be healthy so I can experience my time with him to the fullest.
- Running experience: 5ks to full marathons (20 full marathons), ultras (100 milers), two full Ironmans
- Favorite distance or race? Ultras
- Reason for coaching: Knowing I helped someone become a better version of themselves is very rewarding.
- Personal mantra: "Discipline fuels the fire"
Coach Sarah Robertson
- Background: I started running CYO track in 8th grade and joined my high school cross country team the following fall. I really liked my coaches and they were such a great influence on me during my high school years.
- Running experience: I ran 4 years in high school - XC and track. I was also on my HS swim team. I competed 4 years at Lock Haven University and was a 2 year XC Captain. Upon completion of my undergard, I moved to Florida and competed with Team Track Shack for 4 years.
- Favorite distance or race: I love the10k distance and my heart will always be with the Boston Marathon.
- Reason for coaching: Anybody who is willing to put forth the effort to succeed. I have worked with beginner run/walkers to marathoners.
- Personal mantra: Running is more than one foot in front of the other. It's a lifestyle. It's challenging, yet highly rewarding.
- Bonus: Master of Education