by Sara Hirschler of Fairmount Park Conservancy
For the 6th annual Boxers’ Trail 5k, we’re giving you 6 very compelling reasons to join us for what has become an amazing community tradition in East Fairmount Park.
- Help give back. Proceeds from the Boxers’ Trail 5K benefit East Fairmount Park and Mander Playground’s youth programs
- Do it for the t-shirt. And the beer. You will get a souvenir t-shirt with your registration while supplies last AND when you wear or bring your shirt to Parks on Tap at Mount Pleasant Mansion after the race, you get one free beer!
- Great fun after the race. Enjoy boxing demonstrations and Strawberry Mansion Day – a community festival which takes place immediately following the Boxers’ Trail 5k and then head over to Parks on Tap at Mount Pleasant Mansion.
Run like a champ! Run the trail that boxing legends including Champion Boxer Joe Frazier used to train.
- Beat the crowds. Kelly Drive gets crowded. Discover this beautiful, shaded alternative.
- Take the challenge! The Boxers’ Trail is an all-terrain trail – whether you’re walking or running the 5k, it’s sure to get your heart pumping
More information here and registration here. Online registration closes on September 7th. This event is $25 for runners, $20 for walkers and $10 for youth. Invite your friends on Facebook here. Walkers and runners of all ages and abilities are welcome. The event is free for residents of Strawberry Mansion. Strawberry Mansion community residents should call 215.988.9334 to register over the phone. Check out this awesome video from Eric Stowers about the Boxers’ Trail 5k!